Endodontics in Monroe Twp NJ
If your tooth hurts because of tooth decay or pulp damage, it is vital to seek professional treatment promptly. An untreated tooth will not only become more painful but challenging to treat, decreasing your chances of being able to salvage the tooth through endodontic therapies. At Jersey Brothers Dental in Monroe Twp NJ , we provide root canal procedures to address the diseased dental pulp and restore tooth function.
What Is Endodontics?
Endodontic treatments involve preserving the whole tooth pulp or removing all the diseased pulp. Additionally, endodontic procedures address teeth with irreversible inflamed or infected pulp tissue. In addition, they help treat diseased or injured teeth, re-establishing their previous functions.
Why Root Canal Treatment?
Symptoms of a Root Canal Infection
- Pain or pressure when you bite, chew, or press on the tooth
- Sensitivity to hot or cold foods
- Swelling near or around the tooth
- Discolored tooth
- Broken tooth
- Pus discharge
The Root Canal Procedure
- Diagnosis: Our dentist will examine the tooth and take digital X-rays to confirm dental pulp infection.
- Anesthesia: A local anesthetic is given to numb the affected tooth.
- Preparation: The tooth is isolated using a rubber protective shield, which keeps it clean and dry.
- Cleaning: Next, a tiny opening is made in the tooth crown, and the infected pulp is cleaned out from the inner chamber using small dental instruments.
- Sealing: After the affected tooth has been cleaned and contoured, the root canal will be sealed with a biocompatible material called gutta-percha.
- Filling: A temporary filling is placed over the opening, followed by a permanent dental crown to strengthen the treated tooth further.
Aftercare of a Root Canal
If you experience pain, do not be stressed. It is pretty standard for patients to experience mild discomfort for a few days after a root canal that can be effectively treated with pain medication. We will prescribe antibiotics to ensure speedy healing. To prevent further decay, continue to practice good dental hygiene, such as brushing and flossing, and schedule regular dental exams and cleanings.
Request an Appointment
At Jersey Brothers Dental, we value your time and make it easy to book an appointment for care! You can either reach out to us with a phone call or submit this simple online, “Request an Appointment” form.
We respond promptly to all online requests.